As you may have noticed here and there, some developments have been going on behind the scenes at the Archive and Data Management Training Center. Since the official launch of CESSDA AS in Bergen on December 5th, 2013, we have been busy discussing and determining our future role in this new pan-European research data infrastructure.
We are very excited to announce that we are now officially the training provider and coordinator for all CESSDA trainings and will offer our services under the name of “CESSDA Training”.
The Archive and Data Management Training Center is dead! Long live CESSDA Training
CESSDA Training will continue to be hosted by GESIS – Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences. We will continue to offer our introductory digital preservation (see here and here) and research data management (RDM) workshops (see here and here) as well as consulting activity in these fields.
But on top of this, there are exciting plans for new activities and services that will be implemented in early autumn 2014. CESSDA Training will focus on three types of work:
- Digital preservation training for all CESSDA members promoting integrating activities for younger archives;
- Data management training for all academic audiences across CESSDA countries and beyond, and
- Promoting training activities across the CESSDA partners, to make sure no training activity passes unnoticed.
In the coming weeks and months, watch out for the following changes to our web presence and communication channels:
- In the future, we will tweet as @CESSDAtraining. If you already follow us under @archivetraining, you will continue to receive our tweets under the new name.
- This blog will be incorporated into the CESSDA Blog. We will post a proper announcement and a link here, once the new blog has been established.
- The content of our webpage will move to the CESSDA page.
There are exciting times ahead – we hope you’ll join us for the ride!